Petra Vossenberg and Joao Gouveia are currently residing in Singapore and engaged with the local arts scene.
Besides performing on local performing arts platforms such as Make It Share It (non-curated Open Stage led by Kai Eng) they are sharing their knowledge through workshops in somatic dance and improvisation.
Their intention is to contribute to the development of somatic dance and instant composition in Singapore through engaging with local artists and groups as well as continuing their own exploration and practice. They are currently associate members of Dance Nucleus, a platform funded by Singapore’s National Arts Council to support the dance artistic development within the country.
Photo credits: Ujjwal Patil
Performances and workshops:
- ‘Underwater stories’ (performance – June 2017)
- ‘From the spine into space’ (performance – August 2017)
- ‘I dial you wing’ (performance – October 2017)
- Introduction to somatic dance and improvisation (workshop – November 2017)
- Somatic dance and improvisation – SPINE (workshop – January 2018)
- ‘Tun Tun the Explorer’ – dance improvisation and storytelling for children (interactive performance for ‘The Artground’ – February 2018)
- Voice and movement (workshop – May 2018)
- ‘Tun Tun the Explorer’ – dance improvisation and storytelling for children (interactive performance for ‘The Artground’ – July 2018)
- The heart and lungs in somatic dance practice (workshop – September 2018)
- ‘What’s for dinner’ (performance – October 2018)
- Somatic Dance & Improvisation workshop: Blood circulatory system (workshop – October 2018)